The Dish on Detangling
There’s no use arguing, kids hair and tangles go hand in hand. Over the years I have discovered some easy techniques that work to stop tangles in their tracks and avoid painful (and sometimes, tearful) combing and brushing later on.
How to Detangle Hair
- In the Bath or Shower: Apply conditioner and comb your child’s hair while the conditioner is still in (before you rinse). Tangles will come out easily and the hair will feel soft and silky.
- After Bathing: While your child’s hair is still wet, apply detangling spray liberally. Gently grab a section of hair above where you’re going to comb to prevent from tugging on the scalp. Then use a wide-tooth comb, start at the bottom of each strand and work your way up slowly and gently, one inch at a time.
- Before School: In the mornings before school, use a quick spritz of detangler and the combing method described above to smooth any tangles that may have developed overnight.
- Detangling Curly or Knotty Hair: (my secret technique) Leave a little bit of conditioner in the hair (mostly on the ends) for little extra moisturizing. Do NOT rinse out all the conditioner. This works to fight tangle-causing frizz between shampoos. (Cool, right?)
- Prevent Tangles During Sleep: For girls (or boys) with very long hair, I recommend putting hair in a loose ponytail before bed. This really works to reduce tangles and makes for much happier mornings.
So Cozy Hair Care Products for Kids offers a full line of high quality conditioners and detangling products that smell great…and work even better. Check them out here!
Thank you! -Cozy